Summary Report - SumValue Hyperlink

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Summary Report - SumValue Hyperlink

Postby k3n3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:07 am

When using hyperlinks for field values, the last hyperlink value within a list (ListViewValue), is also applied to the summary value (SumViewValue). What would be the quickest way to edit or create a new hyperlink for the summary value?
k3n3

Re: Summary Report - SumValue Hyperlink

Postby motfs » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Use Row_Rendered server event to check for the row type and change the href value, e.g.:

If <report>.RowType = EWR_ROWTYPE_TOTAL Then ' Change <report> to actual report name and change to your row type
<report>.ProductSales.HrefValue = "<Hrefvalue>" ' Replace <Hrefvalue> with actual
End If
motfs

Postby k3n3 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:18 am

thanks,

I've used server events in the past, and your solution seems simple enough. I've tried a number of different variations on your recommendation (see below), but nothing seems to work... Is it possible that I'm having issues, because I'm using a summary report with 2 grouping levels(?) Perhaps I should I be using "Cell_Rendered" instead ???

If Report1.RowType = EWR_ROWTYPE_TOTAL Then Report1.CLOSED_REVENUE.HrefValue = "www.google.com/"
End If

If Report1.RowTotalType = EWR_ROWTOTAL_GROUP Then Report1.CLOSED_REVENUE.SumViewValue = "www.google.com/"
End If

If Report1.RowTotalType = EWR_ROWTOTAL_GRAND Then Report1.CLOSED_REVENUE.HrefValue = "www.google.com/"
End If
k3n3

Postby motfs » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:54 pm

> If Report1.RowType = EWR_ROWTYPE_TOTAL Then Report1.CLOSED_REVENUE.HrefValue = "www.google.com/"

Is it one line? If yes, no need for "End If"

Double check if the report name and field name are correct. If possible, post your Report Setup.
motfs

Postby k3n3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:54 am

Thanks for your help...

Since the server events are contained in another page, I'm taking the easy way out & punting these total rows (links) to another page with summary/total values.

Sub Row_Rendered()
If Report1.RowType = EWR_ROWTYPE_TOTAL Then
Report1.SCHED_REVENUE.HrefValue = "Report2smry.asp"
Report1.CLOSED_REVENUE.HrefValue = "Report2smry.asp"
Report1.Total_open_backlog.HrefValue = "Report2smry.asp"
Report1.uncoded_revenue.HrefValue = "Report2smry.asp"
End If
End Sub

thanks again
k3n3

Return to General Discussion (ASP Report Maker)