Adding User ID security

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Adding User ID security

Postby ready4data » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:28 pm

In V9, I recently added User ID security(not previously used) to 4 new reports on the site. The user Id field data is in the format LastName, FirstName (Could the comma be causing issues?)
I generated the new reports, and the project config file.
When the logged in user tries to access one of the new reports, it shows "You do not have permission to access the page." and goes back to the login page.
The older reports can be accessed without any issues.
The ASPRM is being used with ASPM(2016) so the Compatibility items are filled in.
The ASPM project isn't using User ID security(Disabled). Is there something I have to also do in ASPM?

Thanks,
Scott
ready4data

Re: Adding User ID security

Postby Webmaster » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

If you have enabled User ID Security for ASP Report Maker in compat mode, you will also need to enable User ID Security for the related ASPMaker project as well.
Webmaster

Postby ready4data » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Thanks.
Do any other files have to be generated beside the Project config file from both applications?

Scott
ready4data

Postby Webmaster » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:52 am

If only User ID Security is concerned, at least regenerate: ewcfg15.asp / aspfn15.asp / login.asp / logout.asp / default.asp / header.asp / footer.asp / menu.asp
Webmaster

Return to General Discussion (ASP Report Maker)