select all/unselect all checkboxes

select all/unselect all checkboxes

Postby squeek » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:08 am

When I click on Tables in the navigation tree on the left, there are "select all/unselect all" checkboxes for the settings for the list, view, add, delete, etc. I tend to work from a functional point of view, like table by table do I want to allow adding, table by table do I want to allow deleting, etc., so that pane works great for me. Because of that, I'd also love to see all of the table specific options for the "use global settings" selections in this grid. Example: Yes, I want paging at the top for table 1, 3, 4, and 5, but not on table 2 and 6. I only want to allow exporting on table 4, and only in csv format. I want the links on the right side for all tables, so the "select all"" would be handy here.

It would also be very helpful to have the same thing in the field setup pane when on some of the columns in the field list. I don't usually want all fields on the list, so it would be great if I could unselect them all with a checkbox at the top of the column. The same would help on the export, wrap, quick and extended search, view, edit, add, search columns.

The most important enhancement for me, though, would be the addition of a column there for required (WITH the select all/unselect all). It's quite a pain to go to each individual field to see if I've set a field to be required or not, and then to set or clear it if it's not set like I need. It would make it much easier to just go down the column in the top pane field by field to check or uncheck them.

While you're at it, how about check duplicate, size, maxlength, validate and error message, And, of course, for all of these that are checkboxes, give us the select all/unselect all option at the top of the column, as mentioned in my first paragraph.

I think this would be a very valuable feature. How do you folks feel?
squeek

Return to Feature Requests (ASPMaker)