Error catching issue

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.

Error catching issue

Postby JAW » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:13 am

Hello,
I have an issue I am not sure how to resolve. I have a scheduling system where someone enters a schedule for multiple people to have the opportunity to accept a shift to work. There are employees who can accept to work a shift. When they accept a shift there are some fields that I am not allowing the employee to change and I have them set to Read Only on the Edit page. I have error checking to make sure they select a date in the same month the event is scheduled for, with the Moth being selected when the record is added. If the employee edits a shift to accept it and they make an error when they select a date it returns to the edit page and throws an alert letting them know they have entered a date that does not fit the scheduled event. This is all working perfectly except for one issue. When the page reloads the fields that are Read Only do not populate from the record as it should. They are all set to Please Select. Is there a way to have these fields return to their original value when a record is edited and an error is displayed? I assume it is because the edit page returns without the record ID in the URL QueryString.

Thanks
JW
JAW

Re: Error catching issue

Postby motfs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 am

Try to use Form_CustomValidate client script to validate the form before submitting first. Read Server Events and Client Scripts -> Client Scripts -> Form_CustomValidate in help file for more detail.
motfs

Return to General Discussion (ASPMaker)